Project Vivat! Recreating Television History

 
 

Eventually, as the need became greater due to the progress made in other parts of the restoration and fit-out, we decided that the only way this was going to happen was for us to get a custom-made bumper.


A local business was found that was willing to do the work and, after the usual round of discussions and measurements, a fitting was attempted.


Left: First bumper fitting.

Rather than having the bumper “chrome plated” which would have been very expensive, we decided to go with black.


We also had to relocate the front number plate to the original position underneath the bumper instead of on the front valance. as it was obscured by the bumper.


Right: The Newly “bumpered” and sign-written truck