Project Vivat! Recreating Television History

 
 

The refurbished and repainted instrument panel before fitting to the binnacle and (lower photo) in-situ.


We replaced the broken glass in the two smaller instruments with perspex which was donated from a scrap LCD from a computer!


A lot of time was spent carefully bending the needles of the instruments to ensure that they were straight and didn’t foul on the meter scales or escutcheons.


When we were refitting the binnacle to the dash we also found a problem with the windscreen wiper mechanism; this caused the entire dash and binnacle to move when the wipers were on - in a most nautical fashion! Re-alignment of the various rods and levers resolved this problem.

Left: A new leather strap fitted to the driver’s door. This stops the door from opening too wide.